People have to clean Bakelite on a regular basis because it is one of the most common materials that is used for manufacturing a number of household goods. Bakelite is a type of plastic, which was first used for different applications over a century ago. Over the course of time, it has become a common material with a wide range of applications. Bakelite is a durable material and it provides superior properties to the items manufactured using it. However, just like any other material, it is also vulnerable to getting dirty over the course of time. When Bakelite gets soiled, it will give an hazy and dull look to the items. Therefore, the users have to perform the process to clean Bakelite regularly. In this article, we will explain the process to clean Bakelite so that users can easily restore the original look of the material and use it for a long period.
Supplies required to perform the Bakelite cleaning process
In order to perform the cleaning process, the users will require a few supplies in order to clean the material properly. We recommend using special Bakelite cleaning agents in order to perform the process. One of the main reasons behind using special cleaning supplies is that Bakelite material is slightly difficult to clean and require abrasive cleaners for cleaning. Therefore, the users will have to spare some budget in order to arrange the supplies for performing the process. Some of the supplies required are as follows:
- Cleaning agent: There are a number of commercial cleaning agents available in the market that help in the process of cleaning Bakelite. Some of the common cleaning agents include brasso, magnolia, soft scrub, and semi chrome metal polish. The users can select an appropriate product depending upon their budget.
- Brush: In order to remove stains and dirt deposited on the surface of the Bakelite material, a brush will be required in order to carry out effective cleaning. We also recommend using a soft cloth in order to clean the material in case it is more sophisticated.
- Safety gloves: We recommend using safety gloves while dealing with abrasive chemicals since getting in contact with them can hurt the worker.
Steps involved in the Bakelite cleaning process
A few steps that the users can follow in order to clean Bakelite are as follows:
- In the first step, wash the item with the help of water so that it is possible to apply the cleaning agent.
- Now, apply the cleaning agent while wearing gloves to uphold the safety standards.
- Once the cleaning agent has been applied, spread it to all parts of the material with the help of a cloth.
- Now, scrub the material with the help of a brush or the cleaning cloth until the stains start to come off.
- Now, change the cloth and scrub the material again with the help of a clean dry cloth.
- Apply more cleaning agent in case the dirt and stains are still present on the material.
- Wash the material again with the help of water before storing it properly.