Workers in both residential and commercial buildings have to perform the brass cleaning
process because it is a common metal, which is used in the manufacturing of a number of
different items. Brass is an alloy of Copper and Zinc with superior qualities such as high
malleability, outlook, and durability. However, like other metals, it also gets affected by dirt and grease due to which the shine of the metal starts to fade over the course of time. Uncleaned brass items give an uninviting look to the observers. Therefore, we advise that the workers should clean the brass products regularly following a standard brass cleaning process. In this article, we will explain the steps involved in the cleaning process so that workers can perform it conveniently at homes.
Supplies required to perform the brass cleaning process
Workers may need a few supplies in order to perform the brass cleaning process. Before starting the cleaning process, we advise that the workers should make sure that all the supplies are available so that the cleaning process can be performed in an effective manner. Some of the supplies required are as follows:
- Cleaning Agent: There are a number of natural and chemical cleaning agents available in the market that can be handy in cleaning the brass items. An appropriate cleaning agent should be used depending upon the delicacy of the items so effective results can be achieved while the quality of the item also remains intact. In case the brass item is affected by varnish then a varnish remover will help in the clearing process.
- Cleaning Rug: A cleaning rug will help in applying the cleaning agent to the brass items in a delicate manner as well as dry them afterward. Quite a few cleaning rugs should be available depending upon the quantity of the items that need cleaning.
Steps involved in the brass cleaning process
Before performing the process, we advise that workers should take necessary precautionary measures since dealing with chemicals and varnish can prove to be dangerous for human skin. Workers can follow following steps in order to effectively perform the brass cleaning process at home.
- Dirt and dust particles may be present on the surface of brass items. In the first step,
clean the brass items with the help of a cleaning rug so that the removable dirt gets
- Now pour hot water over the surface of the items so that the bond between sticky dirt and stains with the brass surface may become weak.
- Apply the cleaning agent on the brass item with the help of a cleaning rug so that all dirty areas get covered.
- Now rub the item gently with the help of a cleaning rug in circles. Make sure that wrinkles do not appear on the surface of the item. Keep on performing the rubbing
process until the shine of the brass item starts to restore.
- In case there is varnish present on the surface of the item then we advise the use of varnish remover. Apply the varnish remover and rub the item gently with the help of the cleaning rug.
- Once the item is properly cleaned, rinse it properly with the help of water.
- Dry the item properly and store it at a safe place.